Sunday, 5 March 2017

Review of Styxx by Sherrilyn Kenyon!

22nd book in the Dark-Hunter series.
My favourite book of the series!!

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would like Styxx, never mind love. After reading Acheron I hated everyone of his family except Ryssa. I was curious as to how Ms. Kenyon will redeem Styxx, but there was absolutely no need to redeem him at all. Like everyone else I had judged him and shunned him. Here in this book he proved me wrong and made me fall in deep love with him. Now, my favourite between Acheron and Styxx is Styxx!!

The book can be read as a standalone. But I suggest you read Acheron at least first.

Let us first look at

The Blurb:


Just when you thought doomsday was over...

Centuries ago Acheron saved the human race by imprisoning an ancient evil bent on absolute destruction. Now that evil has been unleashed and it is out for revenge.
As the twin to Acheron, Styxx hasn’t always been on his brother’s side. They’ve spent more centuries going at each other’s throats than protecting their backs. Now Styxx has a chance to prove his loyalty to his brother, but only if he’s willing to trade his life and future for Acheron’s.
The Atlantean goddess of Wrath and Misery, Bethany was born to right wrongs. But it was never a task she relished. Until now. She owes Acheron a debt that she vows to repay, no matter what it takes. He will join their fellow gods in hell and nothing is going to stop her.
But things are never what they seem, and Acheron is no longer the last of his line. Styxx and Acheron must put aside their past and learn to trust each other or more will suffer.
Yet it’s hard to risk your own life for someone who once tried to take yours, even when it's your own twin, and when loyalties are skewed and no one can be trusted, not even yourself, how do you find a way back from the darkness that wants to consume the entire world? One that wants to start by devouring your very soul?


Frankly, I hated the blurb. It doesn't do justice for either Styxx or Bethany. It makes Styxx look like a ungrateful idiot. I'm so glad I didn't read it before I finished the novel. It is serious deterrent. So thats why  I'm here warning you to not read the blurb and go ahead with the book. Right now people! shoo!

My Review:

You know the moment when you finish a book and realize it changed your life a little bit? That's exactly what I felt after I read Styxx. Acheron always says that there are three sides to a story. Yours, theirs and the truth lies somewhere in between. From Talon's book to Acheron I haven't really cared about Styxx. He was the asshole brother of Acheron, that's all. And now after knowing and understanding him, I feel like an utter ass for judging and mocking him.

Styxx and Bethany's story is filled with epic love, brutal heartbreak and centuries of loyalty that will leave you with a bruised heavy heart. The way they are with each other, to each other is so beautiful that I wish someday I could find a similar love. Despite all odds, beyond other's bitterness they are able to build their own nest filled with only mutual love.
What happened to them was so wretchingly heartbreaking that I couldn't help but cry. Even though all the Dark-hunter have had a shadowed past, I didn't ever cry as hard as I did for my poor Styxx. I really don't want to give any spoilers here and would suggest that you pick up this book!! now!

What I liked:
  • Styxx. Only a cold-hearted asshole wouldn't like Styxx after he read his book. I mean the poor man has suffered so much that I have new found love for my own life. Everything about him I loved! He was the only one who touched my heart and wrecked it. I will never be the same after I read his story. Oh and I also love the fact that he is so loyal to Bethany. I was seriously tired of heroes who after break up became man whores, and somehow I'm supposed to find that hot? Please, just look at Styxx! !! thousand years and still celibate and loyal to Bethany! No wonder I love him!
  • Bethany. I loved her! Her back story was so sad. She couldn't ever be happy before she found Styxx and united with her long lost love. They were so perfect for each other! AWW!
  • Galen. Thank god at least someone other than Bethany loved Styxx! His god awful family gives me the creeps! I hate them!
  • Everything Else. This is one book I will never forget! 800 pages of heartbreak, love and a story so beautiful that it splits my heart. Without a doubt best Dark-hunter book ever!
  • Urian. aww! it was such a pleasant surprise!!
What I DID NOT like!:
  • Ryssa. There is absolutely no way I could have liked Ryssa better. I hated her! period. The girl was bipolar and she ruined Styxx's life. How could she love one brother and hate the other? The way she treated and aided people to torture Styxx is unforgivable! Her jealousy ruined two brothers and left Styxx with no one. Not even the kindness she showed for Acheron can redeem her. She was a bitch!
  • All of Styxx's family. They were devil incarnate set out to ruin the brothers' life. Honestly I don't ever want to waste a second about thinking such low lives! They suck!
What I could have liked better:
  • Acheron. Never had I ever thought that his name would ever pop up in this list, but he was truly an ass to Styxx. He left him stranded on vanishing isle for 11 thousand years without a second thought! I mean at least he had his dark-hunter friends! My Styxx had no one! The selfish bastard!
  • Nothing Else. If someone disagrees with this. Frak you!

Final Verdict:

Seriously?!? you have to ask. Of course I lovvvved this book!

I give this book: 6++++++ stars!



Chao,
Keep Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment