Friday, 10 March 2017

Review of Kept From you by Nashoda Rose!

Kept From You is the 4th Book in Tear Asunder series.
This because is the story of Kite a.k.a Killian Kane of the foursome band Tear Asunder.
I have been waiting for this book since I finished Crisis's book. And after Nashoda Rose released a teaser chapter of Savvy and Killian, I've been sitting on pins and needles waiting for this one!


Lets look at

The Blurb:

A first kiss that changed everything.

Killian Kane.
He was the most feared guy in high-school.
Guarded. Angry. A fighter.
But when I caught him watching me with his captivating green eyes I saw something more. Something protective and kind.
He warned me to stay away from him. I did.
Until I didn’t and he kissed me. A knee weakening, body tingling kiss that left me breathless. And scared the hell out of me.
And then…
He warned me never to come near him again or next time he wouldn’t let me go.
That was eleven years ago.
We aren't teenagers anymore. He has probably forgotten me. He’s a famous rock star now. I’m a dance instructor with a broken dream and desperate for a job.
So, when we cross paths again I don't expect him to remember me.
He does.
And his warning eleven years ago? I'm about to find out exactly what that meant.
I loved the Blurb! I always have a secret fondness for second chance romances, because they give us hope that even if we don't always end up together, if our love is true we will find our way back together. Killian is the underdog of the band and honestly he isn't the guy I would have noticed, but this blurb piqued my interest in him and the story both.

My Review:

Killian Kane a.k.a Kite is the drummer of the band Tear Asunder. He is a man of few words and always in the shadows. No one knows much about and he prefers it that way. Only one person ever made him yearn for more, and he had to let her go in fear that he might hurt her. Now she's back and a lot has changed. The game is different and Killian himself is different. Killian might let her go last time, but this time he plans to be more selfish and keep her for good!
Savannah Grady or Savvy has known Killian for a long time. While everyone said Killian is scary and sangerous Savvy has always known that Killian has lots of good bits in him too. She is fascinated with the angry boy who uses his anger and frustration to hide a world of hurt. But, that was 11 years ago, now she is meeting the man who might have even forgotten her for a favour. Savvy is not sure what to expect, but this Sexy man, who oozes charm and confidence is so not the boy she left behind. Little does she know that this man will steal her heart and become her world only to shatter it when an old threat comes calling.

What I liked:
  • Killian. I read the other three books a long time ago and Killian frankly didn't make an impression that lasted. I picked this book up because I wanted to give the series a closure and loved the blurb. But after I read this I can say my order of preference of Tear Asunder has significantly changed. He was awesome and so loyal and protective. The love he has been carrying in his heart for Savvy for so long is pure, pristine and so beautiful that it took my breath away! He's been faithful to her even when she wasn't in his life. I loved that! When I read about his brother, I silently thanked god that I have been born and brought up in a family that loves and cherishes me. I've never had a single moment of doubt that they love me. But what Killian went through twisted my heart and left me really sad. And despite of all that, here is a man capable of such profound love. Uff, is it any wonder I love him? You should be a heartless bitch to not!
  • Savvy. She was so kind and compassionate that I can only hope I'm half of what she is. She grounds Killian. Whenever the darkness threatens him it's his Savvy that brings him back to light. And what I loved most about her is her capability to fight for him. She didn't wait for him to come back and apologise and grovel, instead she fought for him and made him understand that the love they share is above all.
  • The Dirty Talk. God! that was HOT! Killian spoke dirty sometimes when I least expected it and it used to literally send a chill down my spine! Loved his dirty mouth!
  • Travis. Hell yeah! a nice surprise. I soo want to know his story!
  • Everything Else. I really don't want to state each and everything I loved about this book, because then it will never end my praise! Let's just say I looooved everything about this book and finish it at that.
What I could have liked better:
  • Absolutely nothing. When I love a book, I forget and forgo all it's faults, minor or major. Same thing happened here. The story of Killian Kane and Savannah Grady is so perfect that I couldn't find any fault in it.

Final Verdict:

Loved it to the power 156278. 
Nonetheless I think I should complain to the fact that there are only 4 band members and 4 books only! Why couldn't they create a band with ten or so members um..?
Oh and I'd probably have to wait a year for Travis's book! Can't I just get it now...?!? *whine*

I give this book : 5 stars!!

Keep Reading,
Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment