Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Blog Tour - Q/A with Amelia Grey. Post 3


I do admit that this is the first book of Amelia Grey I have ever read. But I had her books for a very long time on my Goodreads TBR shelf. I'm fortunate for receiving an opportunity to review her new book and ask her a couple of questions. Here are her answers:

The Q/A's:

Me: What new do we look forward to in the upcoming series?

Amelia:  I am currently putting the finishing touches on the 2nd book in The Rakes of St. James Series.  Book #2 will be Hawk, the Duke of Hawksthorn’s story.  It’s titled To The Duke, With Love and it will be out December 2017.  Here is a short summary of the book:


Me: How are the rakes different from the Heir's Club Scoundrels?

Amelia:  All three of the Rakes of St. James: The Duke of Griffin, the Duke of Hawksthorn, and the Duke of Stoneblade are all trying to live down a wager that got them in trouble with London Society when they were younger menand what also earned them the title of Rakes of St. James.  In the Heirs’ Club of Scoundrels, aside from the heroes of each book being friends since childhood, being members of the Club is what connects them together. 


Me: Have you ever thought of venturing into other genres of romance? 

Amelia: Early in my writing career I wrote one contemporary for Harlequin under the name Charla Cameron.  Other than that I have stayed with historicals because I believe that is where my voice is strongest.

Me: What inspires you to visit the 19th century London again and again?

Amelia: This is one of my favorite questions to be asked and when you see how long my answer is you might be sorry you asked.   
To me there’s just something extremely appealing and very sexy about a tall, handsome gentleman dressed in buff-colored trousers, black Hessian knee boots, and a white shirt. A man whose honor is more important than his life.  The time period itself is quite alluring because men were gentlemen and women were ladies.  Most of the gentlemen truly wanted to make a young lady feel beautiful, desired, and treasured.  A Regency man was not only expected to open the door for a lady, pull out her chair, and watch his language and his manners around her, he wanted to do these things.He was the epitome of class and standards dressed in perfectly tied neck cloths, cutaway coats, and boots polished to a sexy gleam
                I like to think that all the grand ladies of the Regency were as strong and as spirited as the heroines in my books.  Clothing for the ladies was stunning and delicate.  Beaded and brocaded gowns trimmed with wispy bits of lace fell softly over fine cotton chemises, silky smooth stockings and stylish satin slippers.  A well-dressed lady was never without a fancy embroidered handkerchief peeking out of a velvet reticule, jewels or pearls lying delicately around her neck, and ribbons, flowers, or alabaster combs adorning her hair. 
                The intricate dance of manners is just as romantic as the actual dancing during the Regency.The language of the Regency is everything.  Words convey our hearts, our minds, and even our wicked tongues--at times!   Words of the period are delicate, flowing, filled with a cadence that is to be savored and thought about long after closing the book's last page. 
               Titled gentlemen and ladies of quality- -quite simply--fascinate me!  The ton!  In that elite group, in that exalted, inner circle of the ton I find the most curious thing: I want to be a part of them.  They are courtly and powerful, in the know, and a station above everyone else.  I want to hear their secrets and share their intimate lives.  I can vividly see ballrooms glittering with candlelight and cooled by a night wind.        
                I love the Regency countryside with its green, gently rolling hills, dotted with stately manor homes surrounded by fabulous gardens that go on forever with vistas, waterfalls, and neatly trimmed yew.  I love the hustle and bustle of busy London streets, and all the secrets and mysteries that are hidden within the boundaries of Hyde and St. James’ Parks.
                Now, I hope I’ve teased your senses with all that appeals to me about the fabulous Regency.  Readers have made this genre incredibly popular.  Because of your devotion and continuous support, those of us who love to write about this time period are indebted beyond words.  So thank you so very much!  And long live the Regency!


I love her last Answer. It actually made me challenge my own outlook at the regency era. While there are many who can write a good historical romance, it is hard to find those who are truly passionate. I can without a doubt say Amelia Grey is one among them!
Hope you like her books too. She will teleport you directly into the regency era!

Chao,
Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment